Monday, November 16, 2009

Down-sizing

At the advice of a good friend, and my sweet husband, I've decided it is time to start down-sizing my closet. When you're in high school or college, and you're single, it seems like you can never have enough clothes. I have this problem. My husband uses one closet and one small dresser. I have two dressers and I use the better half of his closet and two more closets. I always buy something that I love, and then I never wear it. It's probably safe to say that many of the clothes in my closet still have the tags on them! Granted, many of my clothes DO come from the Goodwill, but it's just easier to rack up there anyway since everything is so cheap! Anyway, the time has come to say goodbye to somethings. This will definitely be a process, and a hard one at that. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the family income by selling some things on Ebay. I know my husband will appreciate my willingness to make more room in our home. I pray that my sacrifice is not only pleasing to my husband, but also pleasing to God. This quote from a book called "Stepping Heavenward," (which I HIGHLY recommend to any Christian woman) comes to mind.. "Choose always to have less, rather than more."

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Good job Ann! That's great. You could have a boutique sale like that girl did on Confessions of a shop-aholic (okay, I admit that I watched that movie!). I can't wait to hear how your ebay sales go!

    ReplyDelete